Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tamora Pierce

I've vaguely mentioned one Tamora Pierce on here a few times, but really have not given her the due she deserves. So here goes:

"TAMORA PIERCE IS MY HERO!"

Seriously, she writes amazing books. I've only read her series set in Tortall, but she has many other books.

She is so amazing that she is tied with Robin McKinley for my favorite author. That's right book snobs! My two favorite authors are the authors of high flying awesome fantasy books with butt kicking heroines of light! Bah, I say to those who frown upon a good fantasy book. Bah, I say to those who label with teen fiction and labels! A fantasy can be just as life changing as a dystopian or 'self help' book.

Now, I point you to both their livejournals/blogs that are on my page. -->

1 comments:

robin.c.s. said...

Protector of the Small quartet is Pierce's best, in my opinon. After reading that series I was running around my house, suddenly proud of my own mouse-brown hair, screaming "I AM KEL, DEFENDER OF THE WEAK, PROTECTOR OF THE SMALL! I AM A LUMBERJACK AND I'M OKAY!"

Unfortunately my references started running together. xD