Saturday, July 19, 2008

How It Rolls

Holy Snap! is car shopping boring. I've spent several days car shopping now and it's, to be plain, a turd. You heard me. I mean, you have all these middle-aged-bright-toothed men baring there teeth and shaking your hand. The instinct to mace them is almost overwhelming. If I saw someone with hair that bad and teeth that glaring anywhere else, then I'd run-run-away. (What's with all the hyphens?) But seeing as it's at a car dealership. It's all good.

I was looking at the Kia Optima today and listening to the salesmen's spiel ( In this case skinny little boy with spiky hair. Reminded of a Jack Russel for some reason.)

His home run line? "Your insurance is to going to be because there are so few thefts of Kias,"

My mother's low toned mumble? "Cause they're freakin' ugly!"

She got a pretty big kick out of that. Nobody's going to want to steal your car. Buy it Starr! *coughs* Ugly *coughs*

Also up for the car running is the Hyndai Elantra and the Toyota Scion. Though I might balk at the ridiculous price of economical cars and buy something more decently priced. Ridiculous.

2 comments:

robin.c.s. said...

Ooh, car shopping. That's a trip. You know what's going to be even better? Paying for gas once the car comes home. :D

I've never gone car shopping myself, but I've accompanied my parents on the excursion, and it seems like a barrel of laughs. An entire fleet of barrels, even. Maybe next time you SHOULD mace the salesmen. You never know, it might make him more agreeable in bargaining. xD

uh_mandaR_hode said...

Aurora,

Just got your comment on my blog re my new pups and lost loved one. Thank you for your kind words and thoughts, I'm having quite a time spelunking through your blogs at the moment!!

Stay groovy,
amanda