Sunday, December 30, 2007

Tamora Pierce likes to...rock?!

According to what seems to be a legitimate Tamora Pierce website ( It's rather terribly done in typical author fashion. XD), Ms. Pierce has a fondness for...Marilyn Manson. Yes, quite odd. I like Tamora Pierce. I like Marilyn Manson. Yet, I've never had the hankering to read a good ole fantasy book to the accompaniement of loud screamy music. --> I say again, " I DO like Marilyn Manson, but I realize that his music is loud and screamy. There's nothing wrong with a bit of loud and screamy."

To quote the page exactly:

As always, since I have gotten my iPod Podkayne, I have wondered far and wee over the world's musical scene. As a result, I have found some truly interesting things:

"Song"
"Tainted Love" as covered by Marilyn Manson (rock)
"Song"

Okay fine, it wasn't an exact quote. I just didn't want to take up an enormous amount of space listing what songs she found interesting. :D But everything else is correct.

So, one of my favorite authors meets one of my favorite musicians. ( Well, not meet exactly, but you know what I mean.) This is cool. Yet, for all of it's coolness I'm still having problems meshing 54 year old fantasy author with our favorite shock rocker. ( Note: Doesn't completely agree with shock rocker label) 'Til later then.

1 comments:

Tamora Pierce said...

But Marilyn does rage so well!

I don't listen to him while I write fantasy--I listen to him while I cruise the web (or drive). ]8-)