Thursday, October 14, 2010

Clubhouse Makes The Heart Grow Fonder!

I have my own apartment. It is an apartment made for collegiate children recently divested of their homes. So, it has one large living/bed room, one bathroom, and a kind of hallway that is also a kitchen. The dreaded studio apartment. What's worse, my carpet looks like this*:


Is it grey? Is it blue? I don't know! But there is a far more straight forward question I can answer. Is that a yellow Curious George alarm clock in my nightstand? Yes. Yes, it is.

So, I have striven in vain to make it a stylish apartment. I have fruitlessly tried to make it look color coordinated! It's mostly a mash up of furniture and decor. I've found on sale with a bookshelf and my junk. This might make some bitter. The sad lack of funds to really live up your small apartment...

But (aha!) not I! It's a third story apartment referred to as King's Towers. This fact inspired me to view my living space not as an apartment...but as a club house! And it may make a rather uninspired first one, it is a freaking awesome latter! Heck yes! The little rascals got nothin' on me.

*Those are my pants in my floor that I, pathetically, am too lazy to get out of my chair and move. Not denim fungus in its progressive stage.

1 comments:

robin.c.s. said...

Baller points on the Curious George alarm clock.

Take another ten baller points for the denim fungus in its progressive stage.

And don't feel too bad -- every college kid's apartment looks, well, like a college kid's apartment. It'll continue to look that way for about five years after graduation.