Thursday, September 30, 2010

In The Great Tangle: Why I Am Semi-Coherent

My mind has been deteriorating for awhile now. Do you remember when you found out you were sheltered? Were you sheltered? I was. I thought I knew what the bad things in life were. I've seen some of them. I thought I knew what a pervert was. I didn't.  I thought I knew what knowledge was. I thought I knew what good and bad was. I thought my black, white, and shades of grey were enough. Why is there green in there? Why is there purple? Is that teal?!

So, my well organized strands of brain matter were squashed together like so much yarn, and now I'm trying to some sense of them. Which you think would be easier as much time as I spend alone in my apartment. I'm still refusing to socialize now that Tyler isn't here. I'll stop being surly about it any day now, but probably not tomorrow or the next. So I don't speak of things that don't  make sense except when I want to appear insane. [

And to celebrate his memory I've randomly taken up video games, which I used to be not so very fond of with few exceptions.  THE HORROR! But I'll live. I've grown quite fond of the Super Nintendo.

I keep meaning to post reviews from the many books I've read this summer up....That will probably come before I stop being surly. I hope.

2 comments:

robin.c.s. said...

Hmm. Sounds like you're getting acquainted with the world. I've been doing that lately too. Kind of a bittersweet experience, isn't it? Hopefully you can still make some of those delineations (like good and bad) without losing teal and purple in the process.

Also, the Super Nintendo is baller, and your baller status has just gone up by association.

Aurora said...

I've been all about some Aladdin and Donkey Kong.

But that Beauty and the Beast game is dang hard!