Monday, April 14, 2008

Say, "AHH!". Then repeat.

Oh, haha. I've had a research paper assigned for about four weeks now. It's due Thursday. Have I started it? No. Have I got the sources? No. *hysterical laughing here* Now, if you want to know what's going on in my head I'll show you. Here's a little exercise.

First, scream the words, " ARG FREAKING BLEEP FREAKING NO!"

Okay, good job. Now repeat.

Keep going.

Well, your still not there, but we'll settle for now. You've got an e for effort! xD

But, even with the paper looming over my head I manage to read my required dose of fiction.

Fairest by Gail Carson Levine

Aza has hair as black as a raven, cheeks whiter than snow, and lips the color of a dragons tongue. To round her appearance off nicely she also has pulpy cheeks and a waist the size of a tree-trunk. Gail Carson Levine manages to take an old fairy tale and make you fall in love with it all over again. Fairest is a great remake of Snow White complete with poison apple, but has so many new elements that you don't feel as if your having to read the same story for the thousandth time. Which oft happens in those remakes.

Slightly more angsty than Ella Enchanted, but stil lovely and appropriate for young children and fairy tale loving adults alike. It's a boon to all the girls --you guys might like it too-- out there who were ever ridiculed for their appearances.

I liked the book, but wasn't nearly as emotionally attatched to the characters as I was in The Two Princesses or Ella Enchanted. You just don't get enough time with anyone to care too much.

An extremely disturbing aspect--> One of the characters( one of the romantic characters I'm afraid to say.) is mentioned to have abnormally big ears. My band director has big ears. Therefore, whenever it talks about the book character I keep seeing Mr.Denton. Disturbing? You betcha.

1 comments:

robin.c.s. said...

Um, ew @ imagining your band directer in any non-platonic setting. I'm sorry you've been put through that.

When I first read Harry Potter I imagined Dumbledore to look like Merlin from the Disney movie The Sword in the Stone. That was rather weird. Though really not on the same level.

Hahahahaha @ your research paper. I was just in that position, only it was philosophy and it left me mentally disfigured. So now I'm unable to sympathize with you, and can only laugh. Especially if it's a research paper for any sort of history class(HAHAHAHAHA). Those are the BEST. :p