Friday, August 05, 2011

Empty Chairs

I have a tendency to be disturbed by completely immaterial things. Immaterial things being things that I know that are there but I only see out of the peripheral vision of my mind.

I don't like to swim in my pool at night because I once saw a white vested silhouette in that general area. I'm not saying that seeing that figure that is rational, but if YOU saw it would you go back out there at night? That would be irrational to invite myself to die of a heart attack when something like a grasshopper leaped out of nowhere and I thought I was being attacked by ectoplasmic insects.

I don't like to look out of my peep hole as has been mentioned before.

And I feel great uneasiness from an empty chair. An empty chair even in broad daylight can disconcert me on imaginative days. Is an empty chair not an invitation for just anything  to sit in it? If you don't believe me google image empty chairs.


1 comments:

robin.c.s. said...

Now that I think about it, I've always attached a positive invitation to empty chairs. "Come, sit down, put your feet up, stay awhile." (This would of course be a chair sans chains, manacles and electric wires.)

And I love that picture, though it is a bit creepy.