Thursday, December 03, 2009

The Many Lessons of Life

I haven't really been active on here. Or anywhere else for that matter. The reason for that comes down to this: I'm tired. I am so tired. I want to go home.

But I can't. I have a year lease on my apartment, so I couldn't go home to community college if I wanted to (and I do). I can't tell my family any of this because I don't want them to worry. I just...Everything is so hard. I'm doing fine in my classes. I'm making A's and B's. I just want my family. I want for some of the things I know now, to unknow themselves. I want to grow up and be able to deal with all of this, but I don't know how.

I miss when I thought I was a grown up.

But I won't quit. And maybe things will get better.

1 comments:

robin.c.s. said...

First semester of college down, and it's exhausting. I'm sorry you're feeling discouraged. The first year is rough, ain't no mistake. Hopefully Christmas break can give you some time of calm and rest.

Also (because I don't think this is said enough, particularly to girls), it's perfectly okay to feel however you need to feel to get through the rough spots. It's okay to be tired and frustrated. There's nothing wrong with taking some time to deal with negativity.

Hope you feel better soon, sweets.