Monday, September 14, 2009

Fall

It is the fall of the year, so forgive me the current leaf-y blog background. Also forgive me for completely having no links due to whoever made said layout. One day I will learn HTML and write a medicore template, and be HAPPY with it. Why? All the super hard effort that I know would be put forth.

I'm very much not in the here and now. I've had a very stressful past couple of months, but now that I'm actually enrolled, confirmed, and living vaguely on campus, my stress levels will drop until finals come around.

So far college life is...okay. It's okay. I haven't met hardly anyone. Most of the outgoing people on campus are snobby and look down on us less attractive creatures.


"No, I do not way one hundred pounds and plan to continue eating, chubby thighs or no. This shirt? Yeah. I did get it at Goodwill. Also, I do not spend more than twenty minutes with my morning toilet."

I'm far from unhappy as of yet... I spend a good deal of time studying the demon Algebra. I'm enjoying my English class quite a bit. So it evens out, yes?

1 comments:

robin.c.s. said...

Honestly, it took me weeks to make friends with anyone at my school. Once you get a routine started, and you run into the same people more and more, it's easier to get to know people. I think, though, you're at a slight disadvantage in that you're not living in a dorm, and thus have no excuse to socialize with dorm-mates.

Have you checked out any of the clubs or groups on campus? (They probably have a literary arts club, or something similar.) Probably not all the outgoing people on campus are complete snobs--though clearly several of 'em are.

I hope things begin to go smoothly for you soon.

And also--THREE CHEERS FOR THE ENGLISH DEPARTMENT KIDS.