Monday, August 11, 2008

Senior Year: Day 1

Yes, indeed, today was the first day of my SENIOR year. Yes, you read those all caps right. I would elaborate on it with great and witty detail, but honestly...I was so sleepy through most of it I can't remember.

Yeah. Go to sleep at 4 and get up at 12 all summer and you're not going to cope well once school starts back up.

So, brief and uneventful synopsis of my day.

Got up this morning at 5:20 in hopes of getting to school early. This because I want a decent parking spot. Nigh impossible if you get there after 7:45. I got there at 7:40. I could have been there early only I had an attack of " I know I'm forgetting something!"
Which tends to make me ridiculously late.

Spent an hour and a half in the cafeteria doing nothing because I don't have a first period. Yeah.

(Explanation: I have a small high school with a large amount of people at it. This causes there not to be a enough room/classes. Therefore if you have all the classes you need then they aren't going to push you to take more. And since nothing conveniently fits into my schedule I gots nothing.)

My second period was spent in the gym with about four other classes because I was supposed to be in our portable trailers.

(Explanation: Due to our extreme overcrowding we had to get a 'temporary' fix of some trailers. They got trailers. Installed them. Made elaborate walkways. Temporary my foot. To avoid potential humiliation from neighboring high schools we do not refer to them as 'trailers'. Please. Islands or cottages will be acceptable.)

My third period was English and spent making a descriptive book about myself out of two sheets of computer paper. Yes, I am in fact an artistic genius. I have the stick figures to prove it. Unfortunately, the epic English Teacher was not there today. I can only guess that he had a doctor's appointment. He recently has had cancer and I'm not for sure if he's done with it.

Fourth Period. Newspaper. Spent listening to Ferrellonius wax about the awesomeenss of our new site which should cut down our tree killing from 7 issues a year to 3.

Fifth period would be Mythology. Spent listening to Ferrellonius outline what he planned on doing his first year teaching the class.

Sixth Period. Band. Did nothing due to first dayness and had to sit in the band room while the screams of 140 other students wafted gently about my head. Ah, home sweet band.

So, there you go, my first day of senior year semi-permanently written down.

2 comments:

robin.c.s. said...

I firmly believe that any hour after 2:00am and before 9:00am should not exist (or at least should not be an hour spent out of bed). Getting up at 5:20 in the morning? To go to school? Yuck. That's cruel.

At least at college, you get to set your own hours (more or less).

Yay for mythology, though! How's that going? 'Cause it sounds pretty flippin' sweet.

Aurora said...

It does look like it's going to pretty awesome. My newspaper adviser is teaching it and this is the first year it was offered so that I could take it. SQUEE! Yeah, I've been wanting it the past three years.

First semester is going to be Greek Mythology. Which I need to go study. I seem to be shamefully unversed in it. To Bulfinch!